Akron, Ohio-based The Orthopaedic Surgery Center is constructing a bigger, $7 million facility in Boardman, Ohio, The Vindicator reports.
What you should know:
1. The groundbreaking is scheduled for Jan. 23. The nearly 13,000-square-foot facility will sit on 8.6 acres.
2. It will feature four operating rooms and three overnight suites.
3. The Orthopaedic Surgery Center’s physicians traveled around the country to learn from other outpatient surgery practices.
4. Led by Vice President Thomas Joseph, MD, center physicians specialize in hand, foot and ankle surgeries, shoulder and knee replacements, arthroscopic surgery and pain management.
5. The practice opened in 2003 and launched the area’s first outpatient joint replacement program in January 2015.
“Lower cost and high-quality care equals responsible medicine. It is about doing the right thing,” Dr. Joseph told The Vindicator.
More articles on new ASC development:
Cincinnati hospital appealing denied CON for $23M ASC — 3 insights
Won’t you be my neighbor? Medical facility to include ASC — 4 notes
Melrose-Wakefield Healthcare receives state approval for $16M ASC — 5 insights
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2019. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
We can help you find an OSC Doctor. Call us today at 330.758.1065!